Friday, August 7, 2009

Medicare Eligible Thugs against Health Care Reform

Have you been watching the news coverage of the congressional town meetings? They are being disrupted by people shouting down any intelligent discussion of Health Care Reform. The news media have shown copies of written instructions on how to disrupt meetings being given to them by Republican Activists. When I was a young man in the 60's opposing the war, I would have been drug out and beaten by the police for doing something like that. We were peaceful protesters.

Have you noticed that all of the shouters seem to be oldsters well over sixty five. They are on Medicare! They are recipients of government run health care, and there they are shouting down people trying to extend some (but by no means all) of the benefits they themselves get from the government to their children and grandchildren. Talk about gall! These recipient terrorists are sparking a generational war. The last I heard, Medicare is going to be broke in 2017. I guess I will advise the young ones to shout at their Congresspersons to let it die. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Let's throw them out into the current American health care system that they think is so good for everyone but them. Let's see if they can get coverage. I'll bet that a lot of them couldn't at any price. That would put them where a lot of the rest of us are.

It is shameful to see these old government Social Insurance Beneficiaries shouting to deprive others of what they themselves have. Are they so pampered that they can advocate for illness, disease, and death from lack of health care access for their own children and grandchildren. As a parent and grandparent, I believe I should help to make life better for my younger relatives. I and my wife have sacrificed to be a help for them because buying a home, and raising a child is no easy matter. Apparently some oldsters are so self absorbed that basic health care for their own means nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment